Monday 17 March 2014

Samples



Here I have tied straps of fabric together to make a knot design of a top. I have got the idea of this design from the braded pattern the amarican native woman do on their hair as a tradition.

I think this sample turned out well because the knotting technique to create a top is very unique and it looks interesting. 

This is one of the images I have looked at that inspired me to create the knot design. It is a image of the woman brading the young girls hair.
  This is a piece of clothing I have looked at that is inspred also by hair brading. The top has a brade running down the side which I thought was very interesting.



 This is another sample I created Inspired by the american native tribe. I have designed this by looking at one of my illustraion that I drew.




This is the illustration that I drew inspired by the native tribe. I got this design idea from one of my textiles recreation that was also inspired by a native tribe.

I think this sample turned out well because the skirt has a lot of volume and the stucture turned out just like the illustration. I really like this technique and might be thinking about using it on my final design.



This was the textile design I looked at that inspired me to design the shape and form of the skirt.











This was the american native tribe I looked at which gave me the idea for my recreation. The part i look at was the texture on the native necklaces. I looked at the form and texture which i found realy interesting.

 

Here I have put the both designs together to see if they look good together or not. I think they look interesting put together because there is alot of different shapes, forms and textures on the garment.

 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment