Friday 25 October 2013

Circus Costumes








These are circus stilt costumes. The style of the outfit has a blazer for the top and long trousers for the bottom. The colours are very bright and bold. The patterns are of flowers. I could use this ocostume on my outcome by looking at the printed flowers and using the printing technique on my final piece.


Steampunk is new to me, I think it may be genious and weird at the same time

This is a steam punk circus costume. It is very dark and bold. There are swirly and clock patterns on the costume. The style of the sleeves are puffy. The top is a corset. The colours look rich such as browns, golds and silvers. I could use this costume on my costume by looking at the style of the top and sleeves.

This is a circus cycle act. The costumes are very bright and colourful. The colours used are green, blue, yellow, red and purple. The patterns are floral. The overal look of the outfit looks like a butterfly. The style of the outfit are skin tight. I could look at this and use it on my final garment by looking at the bright colours and the dying technique.
These are circus acrabatic costumes. The costumes are very plain and simple because the act requires alot of movement. The style of the out fit is mostly either skin tight or really flaired. This pattern on this costume is stipes and the colours used are red and black. I could look at this costume and use it on my own by looking at the stipey designs.

This is a neck piece from the deck of cards costume. The color is gathered which looks like a flower. The patterns used on it are floral. The fabric used is netted. The colour of this is red/ pink. This inspires me because I could use it on my costume for the color design.
These circus costumes are butterfly stilt walkers costumes. The costumes are very colourful and bright. The colours that stand out in the outfit are blue, pink, yellow and orange. The patterns on the costumes are of different random shapes. I could use this on my garment by looking at the big wings and shapes and colours. 

This is a womens magician costume. The style of the costume is like a top, hat and tails costume but with a dress. The are rich colours used on this costume such as red, burgundy and cream. The patterns on the costume are floral designs. I could look at the printed design technique and use it on to my own design.

 
This is a circus hoola hoop act. The style of the dress is like a night dress. It looks very elegant. The top of th dress looks pleated and the skirt of the dress is flared. The colour is very dark purple. I could use this outfit to use as inspiration by looking at the hoola hoop shapes and putting it into my own costume.


This is a animal ring master circus costume. The style of the top of the dress has a blazer and corset. The skirt of the dress is gathered with frills at the bottom like a curtain. The colours on this outfit are rich and classy, colours such as gold, black and red. This costume inspires me because I really like the frills on the skirt and thats something I could take and use onto my costume.
This circus costume has a merical round as the skirt. The colour of the costume is multi-coloured which is very colourul and bright. The dress only has one sleeve which is puffy. The patterns on the costume are mainly stirpes in different colours. I could look at this and take inspiration from it for my own final design by looking at the stripey patterns and the colourful colours. 

 This circus costume looks very wild and aggressive. The skirt is like a hemed skirt which looks like it has been teared. the fabrics have been layers with different colours such as pink and black to give it a rough effect. The colours look dull because of the black netting. The colours on this outfit are purple, black and pink. I could use the teared effect on my own design to make it look funky.
These circus outfits are of show girls. They have alot of feathers at the back of the skirt and a feathery scarf around their neck. The style of the top is like a corset. The bottom of the outfit is long white stockings. The colours are very suttle such as light blues and light pink. I really like the feathers used on this outfit, I could use this as an inspiration by using feathers on my costume.

This circus costume is very bright and colourful. It has colours such as yellow, orange, blue and green. the style of the skirt is layered and pleated. The sleeves are not attached to the dress and are like cuff bands. I really like the style of the skirt on this costume, I could look at the layering technique and use it onto my own costume.
This cirus costume is of a fortune teller costume. The colours used on this costume is only purple, however the purple is in different tones from light to dark. The style of the costume is very jipsy, the skirt is gathered with different layers of purple tones. The outfit also contains gold circle tassles. I could use this as an inspiration by looking at different tones on a colour and mixing and matching them.

This circus costume is of a joker in a girls version. The colours used on this outfit are blue, silver and finishes off with red accessories such as the shoes and head piece. The style of the outfit is skin tight fabric which fits right onto the body and brings out the figure, the outfit also has a spikey color. The pattern used on this costume is diamond checkered. I really like how the suit is one piece, thats something I could look at for my own design.  

Love her outfit! #aerialsilks
The style of this circus act costume is also fitted tight to bring out the figure. I think this is because the act involves alot of movements and flexability so this means the fabric used on the costumes is very stretchy. The colours used are purple and black. I really like the lace fabric on this costume and how it stands out from the bright purple, that is something I could think about using on my own costume by contrasting fabrics and colours.
by Amy Lind 
This circus costume is of a show girl. The style of this outfit is like a swimsuit with feathers coming out from the back. The costume is very gramorous and glittery. The colours used on this showgirl outfit are pink and blue. I like this costume because it reminds me of a colourful bird because of the long feathers on the back of the outfit and the head pice. I could use this costume as an inspiration by looking at the gems and shiney colours to make my costume glamorous.

Boo Boo Circus Clown Costume 
This circus costume is of a girly clown. The costume as bright eye catching colours such as yellow, orange and green. The style of the skirt is gathered and layered. The style of the sleeves are flared. The costume also has big green pom-poms on the top made to look like funny buttons. I could use the style of the sleeves technique on my own design to make it flared..  

This circus costume is of a diamond club card. The patterns on the outfit is of shapes such as diamonds and squares. The colour of the outfit is red, black and white. The style of skirt is gathered. The style of the sleeves are puffy. I could use this as an inpiration by printing block patterns onto my own costume. 

This is another girly clown costume. It has bright colours such as yellow, blue, red, orange and green. The patterns on the costume are shapes such as circles, squares and triangles. The style of the skirt is puffy. The straps of the dress go from the waist which is sort of like a dungaree. I could use this as an inspiration by looking at the style of the dress and using it onto my own.

This circus costume is of a joker for women. The costume looks very evil. There are dark, bold colours used on the costume such as red, black and white. the patterns used are checkered and diamonds. The colours in each side of the outfit are opposite. The style of the skirt of the dress is layers and long. The skirt has a teared apart. The sleevs of the dress is long and fitted like gloves. The style of the top of the dress is like a corset. I really like the dark bold colours on this dress, thats something I could look at and think about using on my own costume.  


No comments:

Post a Comment